- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Aretha Franklin and Stevie Wonder will perform at Whitney Houston‘s funeral, while Clive Davis will speak, Houston’s rep, Jill Fritzo, confirms to The Hollywood Reporter.
According to a report on People.com, Kevin Costner — who starred alongside Houston in 1992’s The Bodyguard — will also be a speaker at the private services, which are being held at noon Saturday at New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, N.J.
Houston sang at the church growing up; her family members including mother, Cissy Houston, and cousin, Dionne Warwick, are organizing the funeral.
PHOTOS: Iconic Singer Whitney Houston’s Life and Career in Pictures
Houston died Saturday at the Beverly Hilton hotel, at the age of 48. Her body was found “underwater and apparently unconscious” in a bathtub in her hotel room, police said. An autopsy was completed — but the results are on security hold pending a toxicology report.
Her body was flown into Newark on Monday night in Tyler Perry‘s private jet; the casket was then transported to the Newark’s Whigham Funeral Home, which is handling the services.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day