- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Whitney Houston has voluntarily entered rehab again.
Spokesperson Kristen Foster says the singer, 47, is in an out-patient program for drug and alcohol treatment, part of Houston’s “long-standing” recovery process.
Houston, who has battled problems with drug addiction for years, declared herself clean in 2009, the same year she released a comeback album. She has since delivered a series of shotty live performances.
It’s unclear how long she will be in rehab or where she’s being treated; Foster had no further comment.
Meanwhile, Angela Bassett, Houston’s costar in 1995’s Waiting to Exhale, says a sequel is in the works, USA Today notes.
During a recent appearance on CBS’ The Talk, Bassett said Terry McMillan‘s 2010 follow-up novel, Getting to Happy, will be made into a feature film, with the original Exhale cast returning.
Forest Whitaker has signed on to direct, she added, and McMillan will pen the Happy screenplay.
No word on a release date.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day