- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The preview focused mostly on Jordin Sparks in her role as the title character, who is transformed from the modest girl-next-door to a glammed up superstar. Houston is also seen flashing a brilliant smile and dancing around a living room. She is also featured prominently in the newly released poster for the film, shown above.
Cee Lo Green and Mike Epps also star in the remake of the 1976 film, which will mark Houston’s first return to the big screen since 1996’s The Preacher’s Wife. Houston, who served as an executive producer on the film, pushed for many years to have the project made. Sadly, the singer was found dead in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton Hotel just one day before this year’s Grammy Awards.
Green, making his feature film debut, also sings in the movie.
Watch the trailer for Sparkle, released earlier this spring, below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day