- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Recording Academy Producers & Engineers Wing will honor eight-time Grammy winner Willie Nelson on Feb. 6, 2019, during the annual Grammy Week celebration.
The event, which takes place at The Village Studios in West Los Angeles, will celebrate the career achievements and creative excellence of the 85-year-old icon. Previous honorees include Alicia Keys & Swizz Beatz, Jack White, Neil Young and Jimmy Iovine, among others.
“Willie Nelson has inspired generations of musicians and fans, and continues to set precedents of excellence within the music community,” Neil Portnow, President/CEO of the Recording Academy, said in a statement. “We are privileged to pay tribute this year to an industry pioneer who perfectly embodies the tireless efforts of the Producers & Engineers Wing as we continue to raise awareness of the ever-evolving climate of sound quality and the increasing interest in the preservation and integrity of recorded music.”
The 61st Annual Grammy Awards will air live Sunday, Feb. 10, 2019, at 7:30 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day