- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Wiz Khalifa’s “See You Again” featuring Charlie Puth from Furious 7 has set two records on Spotify.
On April 13, it broke the record for most streams in a single day, garnering 4.2 million listens. It also set the record for most streams in a single week in 26 countries during April 6 to April 12. The song is gaining rapid popularity, paralleling the enormous success enjoyed by the film.
“This is one of those special moments when all the forces have aligned to create a song that is resonating emotionally with millions around the world,” said Atlantic Records CEO Craig Kallman. “The combination of Wiz’s star power with the introduction of Charlie as a brilliant singer and songwriter is truly magical, striking a nerve with Paul Walker’s legion of fans and the film’s enormous audience. All of us at Atlantic are thrilled and gratified by the response that this moving tribute has received from Spotify’s global listeners.”
The song is especially emotional for Furious 7 fans, as it helps commemorate Paul Walker, who died before the film was finished. “See You Again” plays during the final scene in the movie.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day