- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Police in Haiti are shooting down reports that Wyclef Jean was shot in Port-au-Prince Saturday, the night before the runoff election that will determine Haiti’s new president.
Petionville Police Chief Vanel Lacroix tells Reuters Jean cut his hand on glass, according to doctors.
Jean told CNN he heard “the sound of the booms” and was “grazed by a bullet.”
His Fugees bandmate Pras Michel also Tweeted that Jean had been shot but stressed: “Everyone can relax Wyclef is fine… They can’t stop us not one bullet or a machine gun!!!!!!!”
Jean was treated for a superficial wound at a local hospital and released with a bandaged hand.
Jean previously planned to run for president in Haiti, but officials there barred his candidacy since he lives primarily in New Jersey.
The results of the runoff election, which is between former first lady Mirlande Manigat and singer Michel Martelly, will be released Apr. 16.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day