- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
X Factor USA alum Carly Rose Sonenclar crossed the pond, so to speak, with a cover of a song by one of X Factor U.K.’s biggest success stories, One Direction.
PHOTOS: ‘The X Factor’ Finale in Pictures: A Country King, a Teen Diva and a Girl Group
The 14-year-old vocalist, who is now managed by Syco Entertainment, put her own spin on the boy band’s poppy “Stole My Heart.” In Sonenclar’s hands, the song barely sounds like the original, as it’s transformed into a melancholy piano ballad.
The cover already earned praise from One Direction member Niall Horan, who took to his Twitter account to tweet “
@CarlyRoseMusic you are an incredible talent..and thank you for doing the cover.”
The eighth grader is scheduled to perform at New York City’s Best Buy Theater on Aug. 10 for a concert to support The Starlight Children’s Foundation.
Check out Sonenclar’s cover below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day