- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Spirit Music Group has signed a multiyear North American publishing administration deal with Zooey Deschanel, which includes her back catalog and future works.
In addition to her songwriting contributions as one-half of the duo She & Him, she has contributed works to projects in which she has acted, including the theme songs to film Yes Man and the TV show New Girl.
VIDEO: ‘New Girl’ Writers Talk Moving Jess and Nick Into One Bedroom
“Zooey is a true renaissance woman,” said Spirit Music president/CEO Mark Fried in a statement. “Whether she’s writing songs, singing, acting or producing, she is one of the most passionate, authentic artists of her generation. We’re delighted to have an opportunity to work with Zooey in shining a light on her songs and introducing projects across music and media, which will allow her to grow her craft and expand her creative palate.”
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
iHeartRadio Music Awards: Taylor Swift Honored With Innovator Award, Harry Styles Among Top Winners
Jonathan Majors Arrested and Charged With Assault, Lawyer Says Actor Is “Completely Innocent”
Jeremy Renner Shares Video Walking on Anti-Gravity Treadmill After Snowplow Accident: “Time for My Body to Rest and Recover”