Paramount Sets Release Date for Alexander Payne's 'Nebraska'
A theatrical release date for the Michael Bay-produced found-footage film "Almanac" also has been announced.
Alexander Payne's upcoming film, Nebraska, will have a limited release Nov. 22, Paramount Pictures announced Friday.
Bruce Dern and Will Forte star in the father-son road-trip drama, which will premiere In Competition at the Cannes Film Festival in May.
The black-and-white film stars Dern as a moody old man who thinks he's won millions from a magazine sweepstakes. His son (Forte) reluctantly agrees to escort him on a road trip from Billings, Mo., to Lincoln, Neb. to seek out his winnings.
The Nov. 22 release date pits Nebraska against Lionsgate's sequel The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
Nebraska could be a possible awards contender, and a November release date would put it in awards play. Payne's The Descendants (2011) was nominated for five Academy Awards and won for best adapted screenplay. Sideways (2004) also was nominated for five Academy Awards and won for best adapted screenplay.
Paramount also announced the theatrical release date for the Michael Bay-produced project Almanac. It will open Feb. 21.
The top-secret found-footage project has Bay's Platinum Dunes cohorts Andrew Form and Brad Fuller on board to produce.
Dean Israelite is set to make his feature directorial debut with the project, which was written by first-time writers Andrew Stark and Jason Pagan.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)