- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Well, that was awkward.
Mike Pence — surrounded by cameras — stopped in for a haircut on Tuesday from a barber in Norristown, Penn. Everything seemed to be going just fine for the mid-campaign errand, until the barber, shop owner Henry Jones, indicated he had no idea who was in his chair.
Pence, who played it cool, introduced himself and noted he’s the governor of Indiana and Donald Trump’s running mate. “We were just in town at a campaign rally, and I heard you were the place to come for a haircut, he added.
Jones responded, “Woo, this is history, I’m telling you,” Jones said.
Afterward, Jones declined to say if he was a Trump supporter, according to ABC News.
Joe Scarborough poked fun at the moment Wednesday on Morning Joe, saying it reminded him of an old Saturday Night Live skit where John Belushi was playing golf with George McGovern, the 1972 Democratic presidential nominee, and was clueless about the politician’s identity.
Norristown, PA barber, after cutting @Mike_Pence‘s hair: “Your name was?…Woo! This is history!” https://t.co/aNMsp2iwnM
— ABC News Politics (@ABCPolitics) August 23, 2016
Great Moments in Campaign Awkwardness – brought to you by #morningjoe https://t.co/HdGVAyAFBI
— Morning Joe (@Morning_Joe) August 24, 2016
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day