- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If the real world was like House of Cards or Scandal, then the highest politicians in office would have a lot of murderous skeletons in their closets. While chatting with Ellen DeGeneres earlier this week, Bill Clinton joked that he wishes he had known how easy it was to kill people off a la Frank Underwood or Cyrus Beene.
“The thing about Scandal and House of Cards that makes it fun to watch is that I can’t imagine that either a president [played by Kevin] Spacey, or the president’s chief of staff on Scandal could really get away with murder,” said Clinton. “I wish I’d known about that when I was in office.”
As the audience laughed, he continued, “You know, think of all of the opportunities I missed. So little time, so many people that have it coming.”
Watch his joke at the 0:20 mark below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day