- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Donald Trump will appear on Bill O’Reilly’s show on Wednesday amid a reignited feud between Fox News and the mogul.
The presidential candidate’s campaign spokeswoman and a rep for the cable network confirmed the appearance to The Hollywood Reporter. No additional details were given.
Further indicating the interview would not be to broker a peace talk between the network and the candidate, Trump hours before airtime slammed Fox News again and sent out details about the event he will be hosting elsewhere while the debate occurs.
It was the childishly written & taunting PR statement by Fox that made me not do the debate, more so than lightweight reporter, @megynkelly.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 27, 2016
The news comes a day after Trump said he would not be a part of the network’s latest debate after it mocked him in a statement.
Earlier in the day, Trump criticized Fox News and host Megyn Kelly for their treatment of the GOP frontrunner. Trump, before he dropped out of the debate, insisted Kelly not be a moderator because she was biased against him.
On Tuesday, Fox News sent a press release — which Trump said was “written by a child” — stating: “We learned from a secret back channel that the Ayatollah and Putin both intend to treat Donald Trump unfairly when they meet with him if he becomes president — a nefarious source tells us that Trump has his own secret plan to replace the Cabinet with his Twitter followers to see if he should even go to those meetings.”
An irate Trump appeared during a media conference a short time later to shoot back at the network, saying at that time he would probably not participate in the debate. Then, shortly after that, his campaign confirmed he would in fact not do the debate.
Late Tuesday night, Fox News released another statement saying the mogul turned presidential candidate was still welcome to take part in the debate, but the network would not bow to his “terrorizations.”
The network, in that same statement, also accused Trump’s campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, of making “threats” toward Kelly.
“In a call on Saturday with a Fox News executive, Lewandowski stated that Megyn had a ‘rough couple of days after that last debate’ and he ‘would hate to have her go through that again,'” according to the statement. “Lewandowski was warned not to level any more threats, but he continued to do so. We can’t give in to terrorizations toward any of our employees.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood