- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Donald Trump blamed a bad earpiece for a non-answer he gave to CNN’s Jake Tapper when asked about an endorsement he received over the weekend from former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard David Duke.
While talking to Tapper, Trump refused to condemn Duke, saying “I don’t know anything about what you’re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So I don’t know. I don’t know, did he endorse me, or what’s going on? Because I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about white supremacists. So you’re asking me a question talking about people I know nothing about.”
On the Today show Monday morning, the GOP presidential frontrunner said he couldn’t make out what Tapper was asking.
“I’m sitting in a house in Florida with a very bad earpiece that they gave me, and you could hardly hear what he was saying,” Trump said. “What I heard was ‘various groups.’ And I don’t mind disavowing anybody and I disavowed David Duke. And I disavowed him the day before at a major news conference which is surprising because he was at the major new conference.”
The billionaire businessman also said Monday on Today he disavowed Duke on social media over the weekend.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day