- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Candidate Donald Trump may not feel obliged to color within the lines of conventional presidential campaigning, but fans of “The Donald” who acquire the forthcoming Trump coloring book may want to be a bit more restrained.
Merchandising and the Trump name always have gone hand-in-hand, and author/illustrator M.G. Anthony’s book — up for pre-order now on Amazon — is meant to capitalize on the very hot adult coloring-book market.
Adoring Trumpites get the chance to lend their own hues to 50 different scenes that match the fantasy grandiosity of their candidate’s self-image. There’s Donald’s face added to Mount Rushmore; Trump as Superman; Trump sitting on the Iron Throne; Trump playing chess with Vladimir Putin; and an electronic game with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Il. There’s even a drawing of a delighted Trump welcoming a visitor from outer space — apparently an admission that he would welcome some aliens.
“The scenes throughout the book may be reimagined, but trust us, The Donald’s hair is real,” said publisher Anthony Ziccardi of Post Hill Press. “Make sure you stock up on the orange crayons.”
Sounds like the right gift for folks who still regret passing on the Trump piñata.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day