- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Donald Trump has added one more item to his to-do list, should he be elected president — rescue Richard Simmons.
During a radio interview Tuesday on the Jonathon Brandmeier Show, the billionaire businessman was asked if he would save Richard Simmons, as the fitness guru has been in the news lately after reports surfaced he was being held against his will by his housekeeper.
Trump gave the affirmative to the Simmons Order.
“We have to get him out. We have to get him out,” Trump said with a chuckle. “No question.”
Simmons, who has retreated from public life in recent years, gave a rare interview this week after a New York Daily News report suggested he was a prisoner in his own home.
“No one is holding me in my house as a hostage,” Simmons said on NBC’s Today show. “I do what I want to do as I’ve always done. So people should sort of just believe what I have to say because, like, I’m Richard Simmons!”
Simmons spoke to Today’s Savannah Guthrie by phone on Sunday night, and the audio played on Monday’s show.
The Sweatin‘ to the Oldies star said his health is “good” and he works out in his home gym, and he advised fans “not to worry.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day