- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It turns out New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady will likely serve a four-game suspension for his alleged involvement in the Deflategate scandal.
And Donald Trump is not happy about it.
“First of all, let’s start by saying, leave Tom Brady alone! He’s a great guy. Leave Tom Brady alone,” Trump said right off the bat as he began his Warwick, R.I., rally on Monday.
In the past, the two men have talked about their friendship and Trump, the current GOP frontrunner in the presidential race, has stood by the quarterback’s side during the scandal.
Brady has said he and Trump are friends, but also clarified that does not mean he is endorsing the candidate.
On Monday, a federal appeals court ruled Brady must serve the four-game suspension imposed by the NFL after he was accused by league brass of being a part of underinflated footballs being used during the AFC championship game in January 2015, The Associated Press reported.
Previously, a judge sided with Brady, but on Monday, a split decision by a three-judge panel in New York put the punishment back on the quarterback, according to the AP.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day