- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CLEVELAND — A new podium was placed on the Republican National Convention stage with a gold trimming, which also was a gold color, when Donald Trump did a dry run Thursday morning for his speech later in the evening.
It is unclear if the stage will be gold for all the speakers, including Trump’s daughter, Ivanka, or if it will all be changed for Trump, who speaks last and closes the four-day event held this year in Cleveland. In his remarks, he will officially accept the nomination as the Republican party’s presidential candidate.
Reporters and photographers were allowed to be on the floor of the Quicken Loans Arena, at a distance, while both Trump and his oldest daughter gave feedback on the look of the stage and changes they wanted made.
When it was time for Trump to do his microphone check, he said, “I love the media. They’re such honorable people,” which got a huge cheer from the floor. “It’s about time I said that,” he added.
Trump also said he thought Cleveland put on a great event.
— Ryan Parker (@TheRyanParker) July 21, 2016
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day