- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Trump’s Iowa co-chair Tana Goertz said the real estate mogul turned Republican presidential candidate is renting space at the Carmike Cobblestone 9 Theater in Urbandale.
“Mr. Trump would like all Americans to know the truth about what happened at Benghazi,” Goertz told the Des Moines Register.
The film focuses on the Sept. 11, 2012, terrorist attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, that led to the deaths of four Americans. It doesn’t mention Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama, but Clinton critics are looking forward to the movie.
Director Michael Bay and Paramount say 13 Hours is apolitical, although the marketing campaign for the film is aimed largely at conservatives.
“This event got very politicized,” Paramount vice chairman Rob Moore told The Hollywood Reporter, referring to Benghazi. “Conservatives will say this film makes the Democratic decision-making at the time look bad. That is not our focus or our goal. Our goal is to show this amazing heroism that has been pushed into the background because of the politics.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day