Donald Trump will not be a part of the Fox News town hall hosted by Megyn Kelly on Wednesday.
The GOP presidential frontrunner had a prior commitment that could not be changed on short notice, according to a Trump campaign spokeswoman.
“The campaign has a previous engagement in Virginia and then New York, which could not be rescheduled,” Trump spokesperson Hope Hicks said in an email to The Hollywood Reporter. “Given this was just proposed at the last minute, it was not possible to change our plans in order to attend.”
The two-hour voter summit taking place in Houston, The Kelly File: Face to Face With Candidates, will feature the four additional remaining Republican candidates, according to Fox News. Those men are Dr. Ben Carson, Sen. Ted Cruz, Sen. Marco Rubio and Gov. John Kasich, who will join the event via remote. Audience members will pose questions to the candidates who will be onstage one at a time, according to the network.
Trump has been critical of Kelly in the past and was vocal about his opposition to her moderating the second Fox News debate because he claimed she was biased against him. He ended up skipping that event. However, his campaign said Monday he “looks forward to participating in the next Fox News debate,” which will be held March 3 in Detroit.
Trump currently has two victories under his belt so far this campaign season. The billionaire businessman finished first in both New Hampshire and South Carolina. He came in second to Cruz in Iowa during the first caucus of the season.
Trump’s team is correct-we only scheduled this last-minute. They were very polite & we’re happy we’ll see him in MI. https://t.co/zkp4l4ghrf
— Megyn Kelly (@megynkelly) February 23, 2016