- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Donald Trump said as president he would take steps to make it easier for him to sue the media.
The GOP presidential frontrunner made the comments during a rally in Fort Worth, Texas on Friday.
“I’m going to open up those libel laws, so when The New York Times and the Washington Post writes a hit piece, we can sue them and win money,” Trump said.
During his speech, Trump criticized The Times especially.
“It’s failing, it’s seriously failing,” Trump said.
Trump also took swings at Sen. Marco Rubio, who earlier in the day had made fun of Trump at one of his own rallies.
“He was sweating so badly, it looked like he just jumped into a swimming pool with his suit on,” Trump said of Rubio during the Thursday night GOP debate on CNN.
Trump imitating Rubio just now at campaign event with a water bottle. pic.twitter.com/tzHGzFe6A4
— Steve Kopack (@SteveKopack) February 26, 2016
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day