- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Donald Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame will be completely replaced after it was destroyed by a vandal who took a pickax to it Tuesday night, according to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce.
A felony vandalism investigation is now underway, police said.
The Chamber is working with the police and “intends to prosecute to the full extent of the law,” Leron Gubler, president and CEO of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, said in a statement. “The star will be repaired immediately, but requires several days of seasoning before it is polished. During that time, it will be covered to protect it.”
Someone put a Trump campaign sticker on the star after it was destroyed. Any star that was as severely damaged as Trump’s would be replaced, according to the Chamber.
This is far from the first time Trump’s star has been vandalized, but the damage has never been so severe.
A request for comment from the Trump campaign was not immediately returned. In a video posted to YouTube, the suspect appears to identify himself and says why he destroyed the star.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day