- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
New York City diners did a double take when they spotted Hillary Clinton dining with Kate McKinnon this week.
The pre-theater crowd at Midtown’s Orso restaurant were joined by the former Democratic presidential candidate and her Saturday Night Live alter ego on Wednesday night.
According to Page Six, “lots of laughter emanated from their table” and one diner chanted “lock him up!” in support of Clinton.
After breaking bread with the SNL star and another unidentified guest, Clinton went to see Broadway’s Sunset Boulevard starring Glenn Close, where she received a standing ovation.
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) February 17, 2017
McKinnon’s impression of Clinton, which first launched in 2013, was widely praised during the election year. Clinton herself made a cameo last season when she appeared as a bartender, named Val, who served drinks to McKinnon as a tired Clinton.
When the comedian took home a 2016 Emmy for the SNL portrayal, Clinton took to Twitter to congratulate her, referring to herself as a “big fan” of McKinnon’s.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
President Joe Biden