- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first national TV spot for Hillary Clinton‘s presidential candidacy is addressing the Benghazi and deleted-email scandals head-on.
The ad begins with the words, “The Republicans finally admit it,” followed by footage from NBC Nightly News showing House majority leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA).
According to the voiceover, McCarthy said that “the committee investigating Benghazi and Clinton’s emails was created to destroy her candidacy.”
“Republicans have spent millions attacking Hillary because she’s fighting for everything they oppose,” the voiceover continues.
The campaign spot then touts Clinton’s stance on health care and equal pay for women.
The latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Marist polls show Clinton currently leading in Iowa, while Democratic opponent Bernie Sanders is ahead in New Hampshire.
Clinton’s TV spot can be seen below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day