- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A protest in New York City has drawn several hundred people calling for the protection of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into potential coordination between Russia and President Donald Trump’s campaign.
The protesters gathered Thursday night in Times Square and chanted slogans including “Hands off Mueller” and “Nobody’s above the law” before marching downtown. They held signs saying “Truth Must Triumph” and “Repeal, Replace Trump.”
Similar rallies were being held across the country. Organizers say the naming of acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker is a “deliberate attempt to obstruct the special counsel’s investigation.”
Trump asked for Jeff Sessions’ resignation and then replaced him with Whitaker, his chief of staff. Whitaker has criticized Mueller’s probe.
Congressional Democrats have already called on Whitaker to recuse himself from overseeing the investigation.
— Ben Wikler (@benwikler) November 8, 2018
— David Levy (@itsdlevy) November 8, 2018
— Beau Willimon (@BeauWillimon) November 8, 2018
Crowd still growing, streaming in from all side streets. Peaceful.
— Piper Perabo (@PiperPerabo) November 8, 2018
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day