- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
One of the highlights at a Turkish chocolate festival has been U.S. President Donald Trump — made of cake icing.
It took Turkish chef Tuba Geckil two days to make the imposing bust of Trump, clad from midtorso in an edible jacket and striped tie.
Geckil said Saturday she crafts her concoctions after following media coverage, and Trump, of course, has been in the news a lot.
Her other icing sculptures at the festival at Istanbul’s military museum include representations of John Lennon, Nelson Mandela and German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
Merkel was a particular challenge, taking Geckil about three weeks to complete, partly because the sugary but stern sculpture includes an outstretched arm and pointed finger.
Geckil displayed her Merkel creation at an international culinary exhibition in Germany last year.
Turkish chocolate festival features bust of President Trumphttps://t.co/U3pXRmlUeU pic.twitter.com/6S9RCYIjHY
— ABC 7 News – WJLA (@ABC7News) March 25, 2017
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day