- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In the latest in his series of “Lie Witness News” segments on Jimmy Kimmel Live! last night, the late night funnyman sent one of his staffers to the streets to glean public reactions to the (fake!) announcement that President Barack Obama would be running for a third term.
“Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, he did make that announcement,” the first man on the street responded when asked what he thought of Obama’s news, to a burst of laughter from studio audience.
Kimmel’s reporter offered up a litany of reasons why Obama would be running for a third term, including his reticence to leave his “orchid selection” and his new campaign slogan “If It Ain’t Barack, Don’t Fix It.”
When asked about her reaction to Obama “pulling out a Sharpie and crossing out the 22nd Amendment” — the very Constitutional amendment that limits a president to two terms — one woman responded, “I was infuriated. I couldn’t believe he’d have the audacity to do something like that.”
One man, with a surprisingly lilting falsetto, seemed incredulous of the report . . . at first. “I thought you could only do, like, two,” he asked. When he was told “well, two or three” he couldn’t contain his excitement and promptly pulled out his phone to share the historic news with his friends.
Watch the video below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day