- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris’ Presidential Inauguration Committee has revealed the list of participants in its “Parade Across America” scheduled for Wednesday afternoon. The virtual parade will be held in lieu of the traditional parade through Washington D.C. leading to the White House.
Other participants include the alt-rock band New Radicals, who will reunite after 22 years for the parade; Olympic athletes Nathan Chen, Allyson Felix and Katie Ledecky; “DJ Cassidy’s Pass The Mic”; and Nathan Apodaca, who went viral on TikTok last year after recording himself skateboarding and drinking Ocean Spray cranberry juice while the Fleetwood Mac classic “Dreams” played.
Marching bands, dance and performance troupes and honor guards will also make appearances during the virtual parade, as will “heroes in communities across the country,” representing all 56 U.S. states and territories.
“As a nation, we are strengthened by our respect for one another,” said PIC CEO and president of Delaware State University, Tony Allen, in a statement. “By lifting up voices from all walks of life, in every corner of our country, we want the first moments of the Biden-Harris Administration to be a celebration of an inclusive, resilient united America.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day