- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Time to plan the Royal Baby Shower.
Just over a year and a half into their marriage, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, William and Kate, are expecting their first child. The announcement was made by the palace on Monday morning.
“Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby,” Clarence House said in a statement. “The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry and members of both families are delighted with the news.”
The Duchess was hospitalized for hyperemesis gravidarum, otherwise known as acute morning sickness, and will remain under treatment for several days.
The pregnancy announcement comes after months of speculation by news organization scrambling over any piece of evidence, including Kate’s choice of water during a toast during a Royal tour.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day