- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“I feel so sorry for #KateMiddleton it’s disgusting what that French mag did to her!” the E! Fashion Police co-host tweeted on Friday, prompting a torrent of retweets.
The publication in question, Closer, is under fire for printing photos snapped while Middleton was sunbathing at the French chateau of the Queen’s nephew, Lord Linley.
The magazine’s editor, Laurence Pieau, defended the decision to publish the long lens images images, describing them as a “beautiful series.” Meanwhile, the U.K. edition of Closer issued a statement saying it would never use the shots, and clarifying that its French counterpart is printed under license by another firm and both magazines make editorial decisions independently.
Britain’s Daily Telegraph reported that Middleton and Prince William had reacted with “anger and disbelief,” while both The Guardian and The Independent said Middleton was “saddened” by the violation of her privacy.
CNN’s Piers Morgan also weighed in on Twitter, tongue firmly in cheek: “Current percentage of ‘outraged, disgusted, deeply offended’ people currently scouring internet for Kate topless pix? I’d guess at 99.999%.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day