- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Los Angeles police on Wednesday declared an unlawful assembly when a downtown rally for Donald Trump apparently turned destructive and violent.
Video and pictures on the ground from reporters and aerial footage showed police in riot gear clearing the area and reportedly making arrests.
Pro-Trump organizers of the event said 15 “patriotic organizations” were taking part in the demonstration “to demand the integrity and justice of the Nov. 3 election,” reported CBS Los Angeles.
Protesters for Trump and counter-protesters squared off before the area was cleared, according to footage shared on social media.
“At approx 1:00 pm numerous pro-Trump & anti-trump protesters gathered at Downtown LA City Hall. Some of the pro-trump protesters attempted to take the intersection of 1st & Spring Street and they were met by anti-trump protesters, resulting in a physical confrontation,” police tweeted around 5 p.m. “A few persons were taken into custody. No property was destroyed nor were any officers injured. Police remained at the scene in DTLA to keep the peace. The LAPD’s Metropolitan Division was at the scene but did not engage in any crowd management or crowd control.”
5 p.m.: Updated with information from LAPD.
— Kevin Rector (@kevrector) January 6, 2021
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Roe V. Wade