- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Supporters, protesters, activists, tourists and locals have gathered along Pennsylvania Avenue as President Donald Trump heads to the White House.
While it didn’t get as much of a spotlight as the pre-inaugural kickoff concert, a narrative the past few weeks has been watching performers, marching bands and other invitees of the parade deal with criticism of participating in official Trump celebrations.
The confirmed participants in the parade include the West Monroe High School Marching Band, Texas State University Strutters, Alabama’s Talladega College Band, Rural Tractor Brigade and Olivet Nazarene University Marching Band alongside many armed forces parade representatives.
Following the parade, the president and first lady are expected to attend the “Liberty” and “Freedom” official inauguration balls at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. And many other state, local and partisan balls have been planned.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day