- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Newt Gingrich may aspire to be President of the United States, but when it comes to choosing an actor to portray him in a potential biopic, the politician has an even loftier goal.
During an interview with radio host Rich Stevens, the GOP candidate was asked, “If Hollywood was going to do a movie about your life, who would you like to see play the lead role?,” TMZ reports.
Gingrich’s response? “Oh, in my fantasy life? Brad Pitt … why not?”
Stevens then asked if the politician thought he bared a resemblance to the actor, who is nominated for an Oscar for his Moneyball role.
“No I don’t look like him at all,” Gingrich admitted. “He’s thinner, he’s better looking, he’s younger. But you asked me if I had anyone who could play me in a movie … why not go for Brad Pitt?”
The politician isn’t the only person to request a good-looking actor to portray them. Aretha Franklin dubbed Halle Berry as her choice, while Elton John said he’d like Justin Timberlake to take his life on.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day