- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Continuing his effort to raise money for the Democrats’ midterm campaigns, President Obama will return to California on June 7 for a series of fundraisers, including a luncheon at entertainment executive Peter Chernin‘s Santa Monica home, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Tickets for the Chernin event range from $10,000 a person to $32,400 for those who want to co-chair an event, attend a special discussion and have their photo taken with the president.
“We need the resources to continue to move our country forward,” according to the invitation. “Since we do not take money from special interests, corporate lobbyists and political action committees, we must rely on dedicated Democrats like you.”
During a similar trip to San Francisco in early April, Obama headlined events for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee that raised $3.25 million.
The president has committed to doing at least eight fundraisers for the 2014 cycle. In San Francisco, Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi stressed the importance of returning her to the House speaker position.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day