- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With less than four months until the election, President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign continues to rely heavily on celebrities to get out the vote and bring in cash.
The latest effort: Cast members from the hit TV series The Wire will mingle with Obama supporters who donate $500 to attend a reception at the Martha’s Vineyard home of Judy and Ron Davenport, founders of Pittsburgh-based Sheridan Broadcasting. The event will be held Aug. 15 according to an invitation posted on Obama campaign website. (Obama is not expected to attend.)
The reception is one of several upcoming events this summer featuring celebrities. Gwen Stefani and members of her band No Doubt are set to hold a family-oriented fund-raiser at Stefani’s Beverly Hills home with Michelle Obama.
Meanwhile, Harvey Weinstein and Anna Wintour have signed up to host another NYC fund-raiser for the campaign, also in August. According to Hollywood sources, more star-studded events are in the works.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day