- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
At the White House Correspondents’ Dinner on Saturday night, Steven Spielberg unveiled his plans to direct a new Lincoln-style presidential biopic centered on President Obama.
“Well, I was thrilled that Lincoln was a success and, as I was thinking about what to do next, in the middle of the night, I woke up and it hit me: Obama,” said Spielberg, in a humorous spoof clip that aired at the gala. “I mean, the guy’s already a lame duck, so why wait?”
The director stated that he cast none other than Daniel Day-Lewis to portray the 44th president. That’s when the real President Obama gets to have some fun pretending to be Day-Lewis getting into character, including practicing his stump speech and rehearsing lines into a mirror.
As for who will play vice president Joe Biden in Obama, 30 Rock star Tracy Morgan makes a cameo appearance as the No. 2.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day