- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It turns out that a writer on the Daily Show With Jon Stewart is one of those whom Obama should be thanking.
Kevin Bleyer was one of the writers who helped Obama with his jokes, Comedy Central confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter late Monday. Bleyer apparently took the job independent of Daily Show and was the show’s only writer who had a hand in Obama’s script.
In his remarks Saturday, Obama took aim at Trump, who has for months been questioning the president’s birth certificate.
“I know he’s taken some flack lately,” Obama said, “but no one is prouder to put this birth certificate issue to rest than Donald, and that’s because he can get back to the issues that matter, like, did we fake the moon landing? What really happened in Roswell? And where are Biggie and Tupac?”
Obama also made a dig at Damon, who recently publicly spoke out against him.
“Matt Damon said he was disappointed in my performance,” he said. “Well, Matt, I just saw The Adjustment Bureau, so right back atcha, buddy!”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day