- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
President Obama may have visited The Tonight Show on Tuesday, but Jimmy Fallon has the next best thing — an Obama impersonator.
In a cold open sketch for Late Night, Fallon received a call from a man playing Obama, still on the Tonight Show set. Obama told Fallon he had some big shoes to fill when he takes over the Tonight Show, and went on to praise Jay Leno.
PHOTOS: Jimmy Fallon: From Early ‘SNL’ to Movie Star to ‘Late Night’
“I just don’t get it,” Obama said. “Why would NBC do this? Jay’s still number one in the ratings. Jimmy Fallon taking over for Jay Leno — that’s like Biden taking over for me.”
Fallon countered that Leno has been great about the whole thing.
“Of course he’s been great. He’s great at everything he does,” Obama said. “He’s dominating the competition. Winning all the key demos, and this is going to sound weird, but it’s almost like he’s starting to look younger, stronger, and — dare I say it — sexier.”
PHOTOS: Young Hollywood’s Secret Breakfast with Obama
Obama complimented a bit Fallon did about kids and Halloween candy, (it was actually Jimmy Kimmel), and got angry when Fallon said he’d danced with the First Lady. Finally, he rebuffed Fallon’s overtures to come on Late Night.
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day