- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dodd, a former Democratic senator who now oversees the film industry’s lobbying organization, praised Obama in a statement.
“I congratulate Barack Obama on his victory tonight,” he said. “President Obama has demonstrated a great understanding of the importance of intellectual property to the fundamental strength of the American economy. In an era of partisan discord, there is bipartisan agreement that protecting American creativity and innovation is critical to our competitive edge in the global marketplace. I look forward to continuing to work closely with the Obama Administration to ensure the creative industries have every opportunity to thrive.”
Obama defeated Republican candidate Mitt Romney to win another four years in the White House.
NBC News called the election at around 8:15 p.m. PT.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood