- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Producer Colleen Bradley Bell has been nominated by President Obama to be the U.S. ambassador to Hungary, the White House announced Wednesday.
Bell, of Bell-Phillip Television Productions, Inc., is credited as a producer on the CBS soap The Bold and the Beautiful. She also is a member of the board of trustees at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
In the lead-up to the President’s re-election general campaign, a January 2012 fundraising event co-sponsored by Will Ferrell was held at the Holmby Hills home of Bell and her husband, Bradley Bell, Bold and the Beautiful co-creator and writer.
Other industry notables have been nominated to administration posts this year.
James Costos, HBO’s vp global licensing and retail, consumer marketing, was nominated by the President to be the ambassador to Spain. Costos was confirmed in August 2013. Alias producer Crystal Nix-Hines was nominated as a U.S. rep for the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization.
The Department of State ambassador position to Hungary was previously held by Eleni Tsakopoulos Kounalakis from January 2010 to July 2013.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day