- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Rosie O’Donnell and cast members from some of Broadway’s biggest musicals led a sing-along protest against President Donald Trump outside the White House.
O’Donnell spoke to protesters, some clutching signs with the word “Treason” spelled out, before the group broke into a rendition of “America the Beautiful” on Monday night.
The actress told the crowd it was important to make sure their voices were heard so that Trump would know that they were not going away.
The group also sang a rousing version of “A Brand New Day” from The Wiz. The trip was organized by Seth Rudetsky and James Wesley, the host and producer of Sirius XM’s “On Broadway.”
The performers included current and former Broadway cast members from Wicked, Hamilton, Phantom of the Opera and other shows.
LIVE outside the White House: @rosie and other Broadway stars join the 22nd consecutive day of protests
— MoveOn (@MoveOn) August 6, 2018
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day