- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The 49-year-old Mexico native said she is disgusted with Trump’s anti-immigration rhetoric, and, in the same fashion as Khizr Khan — the father of the fallen U.S. soldier who spoke during the 2016 Democratic National Convention and offered to lend Trump his copy of the Constitution — Hayek offered the GOP presidential nominee a book: U.S. History for Dummies.
“Mr. Trump, I recommend to you to read this book,” Hayek said. “I will gladly lend you my copy.”
Asked by Corden if there was anything she agreed with Trump on, Hayek responded yes, one thing.
“He writes in his book that when he was in first grade, he punched his music teacher because he didn’t think he knew anything about music,” Hayek said. “And, later in the book, he reflects, saying that he’s still exactly the same as that kid in first grade. I agree with him that we have a first-grade bully running for the president of the United States.”
Watch the full clip below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day