- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Seth Meyers does not appreciate Donald Trump waiting so long to take his offer to drop out of the presidential race and instead star in an NBC show called Chicago President. Meyers’ solution? He bought Trump’s book Art of the Deal and learned how to negotiate.
“What I realized after reading it is that leverage is key in a negotiation, and I realized that right now I have all the leverage,” said Meyers, explaining that this was because Trump has gone from being close in the polls to trailing way behind.
“We are now decreasing our original offer,” Meyers said, addressing Trump. “If you drop out right now, NBC will only offer you a six-episode series for $200,000 where you would play the vice president to — and I know you’re not going to like this — President Chris Christie.”
Meyers said it breaks his heart but that it could get even worse for Trump if he doesn’t accept the offer. “You’re tied in Georgia, Donald. Georgia.”
The Chris Christie president show will also be entirely in Spanish. Meyers said that if Trump keeps performing badly in the election, the offer will be for a role as a White House janitor on Taxi TV, the content that plays on the screens in the back of New York City taxi cabs.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day