- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Stephen Colbert spent a few minutes on Wednesday night’s Late Show recapping Tuesday night’s GOP presidential debate (which he “totally watched,” he insisted, denying he was doing outrageous things at the CBS Christmas party, which took place the same night).
But Colbert saved the real mocking for the end of the segment, when he turned his focus to Donald Trump’s personal doctor, Harold Bornstein, who recently wrote a glowing endorsement of the Republican candidate’s health.
The Trump campaign released Bornstein’s letter earlier this week, which read in part, “Mr. Trump’s laboratory results were astonishingly excellent. His physical strength and stamina are extraordinary.”
To which Colbert quipped, “So while Trump is disease-free, evidently talking like him is highly contagious.”
Bornstein referenced Trump’s admirable blood pressure and prostate test results as evidence that, “Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency.”
“I’m not surprised his prostate is healthy,” Colbert joked. “That’s where he’s pulling his best ideas from.”
The host then displayed a few choice images of “the man lucky enough to prod the golden prostate.”
Check out the full clip below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day