- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TBS has responded to a controversial video and accompanying tweet posted to its official Twitter account that compared Hillary Clinton to a hyena. The video led one of its stars, Samantha Bee, to respond: “Delete your account.”
“This post was obviously a poor attempt at humor and has been taken down,” the network said Tuesday in a statement. “Moving forward we’ll leave political satire to professionals like Samantha Bee.”
Bee called her network out on Twitter on Monday night as the Democratic National Convention drew to a close, but deleted the tweet minutes later.
The 24-second video, “Hillary Clinton’s Call of the Wild,” featured clips of a laughing Clinton alternating with shots of a pack of wild hyenas making cackling sounds.
It was created on July 22 by the Heckler, a TBS-owned comedy site, and reposted to the main TBS account two days later.
“Move over Donkey! There’s a new mascot in town. … #ImWithHyena,” the accompanying tweet read.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day