- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
White House Press Office official Boris Epshteyn has been let go.
Epshteyn was known for his combative TV appearances and his close friendship with President Donald Trump’s son Eric. He was let go from his job after several months of loyalty to the president, including daily appearances on cable news supporting Trump during his campaign, according to The New York Times, who also reported that the news was treated with mystery at the White House. Press secretary Sean Spicer would not comment on any reasoning behind the firing.
A senior administration official told The New York Times that officials were “exploring other opportunities” for Epshteyn.
Sources close to Epshteyn reportedly said that the official had become too combative lately with TV networks, and Politico recently reported that Epshteyn had gotten into a “yelling match with a Fox News booker.” The network is a favorite of the president’s and has had a close relationship with his administration thus far.
Prior to his position at the White House, Epshteyn was a spokesman for the Presidential Inaugural Committee.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day