- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
President Donald Trump says he didn’t know about a $130,000 payment his personal attorney made to an adult film actress who alleges they had an affair.
Asked if he knew about the payment to Stormy Daniels, Trump said no.
The president was speaking to reporters Thursday aboard Air Force One.
Trump says he didn’t know why his longtime lawyer, Michael Cohen, made the payment or where he got the money.
Daniels says she had a sexual encounter with the president in 2006 and was paid as part of a non-disclosure agreement she is seeking to invalidate.
Daniels’ lawyer Michael Avenatti on Thursday tweeted in response to the statement from the president: “We very much look forward to testing the truthfulness of Mr. Trump’s feigned lack of knowledge concerning the $130k payment as stated on Air Force One. As history teaches us, it is one thing to deceive the press and quite another to do so under oath. #searchforthetruth #basta.”