- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The 53-year-old Los Angeles man who destroyed the Hollywood Walk of Fame star belonging to Donald Trump last fall was sentenced Tuesday after pleading to a felony.
James Lambert Otis pleaded no contest to one felony count of vandalism, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office.
Otis was then sentenced to three years of formal probation, 20 days of Caltrans work and ordered to pay $3,700 to the Hollywood Historic Trust and $700 to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, according to the district attorney’s office.
Otis made national headlines when he was taped, dressed as a construction worker, destroying Trump’s star on Oct. 26 with a pickax and a sledgehammer. Once smashed, Otis removed the center brass medallion.
Otis told those taping him he was committing the act in response to remarks he said the then-presidential candidate had previously made concerning sexual assault.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day