- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It will be friends and family, rather than politicians and world leaders, at Prince Harry’s and Meghan Markle’s wedding.
Kensington Palace says “it has been decided that an official list of political leaders — both U.K. and international — is not required” for the wedding.
That means U.S. President Donald Trump and British Prime Minister Theresa May are not among 600 people invited to the May 19 ceremony at Windsor Castle’s St. George’s Chapel.
Many politicians and world leaders attended the much larger wedding of Harry’s older brother Prince William and Kate Middleton. Unlike William, Harry is not likely to occupy the throne one day.
A person with knowledge of the guest list, who spoke on condition of anonymity, says former U.S. President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle also are not invited. They were not invited to Prince William’s and Kate Middleton’s 2011 nuptials, either.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day