- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A group of actors have banded together with a message to convince Republican members of the electoral college to cast a vote for someone other than Donald Trump on Monday.
A video from the organization Unite for America, a multi-partisan movement rallying against the president-elect, features numerous familiar faces, including West Wing president Martin Sheen, Debra Messing, James Cromwell, B.D. Wong, Richard Schiff and Noah Wyle, among many more.
“Our Founding Fathers built the electoral college to safeguard the American people from the dangers of a demagogue,” Sheen begins.
Cromwell adds, “The electoral college was created specifically to prevent an unfit candidate from becoming president.”
The group of celebrities make it clear they are not asking the electoral college members to vote for Hillary Clinton, but they are asking that a vote be cast for any other eligible person, which the Constitution allows, “no matter which party they belong to,” Sheen adds.
The actors plead with members to “vote their conscience.”
Watch the entire PSA below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day