- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The offer, valid on Independence Day only, is open to anyone showing proper military identification. Regal Entertainment Group, AMC Theatres, Cinemark, and Carmike Cinemas are participating in the offer. Seating will be available on a first-come, first-served basis and each military member may bring one guest.
“We think White House Down is the summer’s best action movie,“ Rory Bruer, president of worldwide distribution for Sony Pictures. “[Seeing White House Down] is a great way to celebrate the holiday and to honor and thank the troops for their service to our country.”
This announcement follows a disappointing U.S. debut for the Channing Tatum/Jamie Foxx tentpole, which grossed just $24.8 million in its first weekend.
The movie, which follows an ambitious capitol policeman (Tatum) and the President of the United States (Foxx) as they fight for survival during a terrorist attack on the White House, is also dodging punches from some conservatives who are urging audiences to boycott the film due to what they claim is liberal bias.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day